Sites is TOO hard (for me)

A place to post your feedback and thoughts on how this site should evolve or issues your having with it.
Mike K
Reactions:
Bike: 1980 cb900

Sites is TOO hard (for me)

Post by Mike K »

sorry , but im removing this site from my favourites . I just find the site too complicated and hard to navigate around . Maybe just me , Im not a computer wizard nor computer dumb arse ,but I just get too frustrated trying to find anything.I believe in the KISS principal. Any way ....Good luck and Goodby

GarnZ
Reactions:

Re: Sites is TOO hard (for me)

Post by GarnZ »

Mike K, I know it seems hard sometimes to get some info out of a forum, however, you could be like me and just hang in there. It's no load to carry and it cost you nothing. I don't contribute much, but every now & then something comes up that stirs your interest.

Now that its been explained to me..... I first check that I am logged in, write you password down somewhere close to computer, I don't worry too much about security with forums, then I simply have a quick look every two or three days.
First I go into "QUICK LINKS" and click on "Active topics" .
If I see an active topic of interest, I have a quick glance. I do this to most forum sites. I hope you stay with us. I have gained a lot of knowledge with the "Quick-Glance" method
RegardZ ~ Garn.

Zedboy
Site Admin
Reactions:
Bike: Kwakka's and 'onda's

Post by Zedboy »

What is hard on this forum, that isn't on others?
If someone can enlighten me on this, I could perhaps do something about it.
For me, I find this style better than a lot because at least it displays fairly well on a mobile device.
Pictures seem to be the main issue for me, as since Farcebook no one knows how to use photobucket etc.
To date very, very few forums have a picture resize ability, and with phones taking very high res images now, you need a lot of storage capacity (at a cost) to cope with allowing huge image files.

So constructive criticism is welcome!

GarnZ
Reactions:

Post by GarnZ »

Well! I thought that "quick links" was where you go if you want to go to other forums or sellers web sites.
Hence, never went there!
This was my fundamental error, mainly because I would have to look at what's new by examining the whole site!.
Unless I was following a particular post.
A simple error on my part!
RegardZ.

Zedboy
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Zedboy »

There is a change I can make to this which adds the traditional buttons for Active , Unread etc.
I'll try it out over the weekend.

Zedboy
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Zedboy »

OK, new "how to" done...
check here: How to

ZORK WA
Reactions:

Post by ZORK WA »

I've never had any problems sneaking around this commun, except that darn administrator guy.
RIDDEN NOT HIDDEN. GGYF. THE MEMBER FOR MANDURAH. CHEAP INDIAN OFFICE FURNITURE. RHT - RossHensTerprises. SNORKELS-R-US. OLD WOBBLY BIKES AND OWNERS RULE. BURN'T OUT & FUCKED. LONG LOST PHOTOFUCKET. TUESDAY = PENSIONDAY. METALLICA = No1.